Description of job and tasks involved
As Head of the Project Center I am responsible for coordinating all activities linked to national or international projects at the faculty. The core areas of the tasks include:
- informing the academic community about planned/open calls for project proposals,
- informing the academic community about deadlines, rules, changes and possible problems related to the projects and to propose solutions,
- helping lead researchers prepare interim and final reports,
- helping lead researchers communicate with grant providers,
- creating and maintaining a complex database of grant projects of the Faculty,
- preparing statistical summaries and reports for the area of scientific research.
I also teach Introductory Economics and Business and do research in the field of International Economics.
Experience with European research projects
• Horizon 2020
• EEA Grants
• Visegrad Fund
The Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology is a leader in technical education in Slovakia and focuses its research on chemistry, chemical and biochemical technology, food processing and applied physics, informatics and mathematics.
It is currently involved in numerous international (finishing FP7, H2020, NATO…) as well as national projects. Annual number of all projects reaches 150 on average. European projects are managed by lead researchers in cooperation with the Project Center. The Center is also responsible for tasks such as CFS, 2nd stage audit, consulting etc.
Education / Professional Career
Head of the Project Center, Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
2015-present: Tour guide in Bratislava, Slovakia
Assistant Professor of International Economics, Vice-Dean for Development (since 2013), Faculty of International Relations, University of Economics in Bratislava
2008-2011: PhD studies of International Economics, Faculty of International Relations, University of Economics in Bratislava 2002-2007: Ing. Programme (equivalent of M.A.), Faculty of International Relations, University of Economics in Bratislava