Description of job and tasks involved
Currently, my responsibilities as a Project Management Officer are the following:
• expert and administrative work related to monitoring the implementation of projects from their application to the completion of their implementation
• monitoring and implementation of projects incompliance with programme rules and national regulations (Tempus, Erasmus+, IPA, Horizon 2020)
• providing professional, advisory assistance and project information
• collection and statistical processing of data on University projects
• administering and updating the resource and data base of University projects
• coordination with project managers, team members, external associates, university services
• professional and administrative work related to the organization of conferences, meetings, workshops and other events within projects
• project implementation, including budget control and work plan control
• training the project participants to improve the implementation of the project
• preparation and updating materials for projects' web page
• Team member of the ERASMUS+ project Re@WBC – „Enhancement of HE research potential contributing to further growth of the WB region“
• Deputy Head of Office.
Experience with European research projects
I have experience in the following programmes funded by EACEA and European Commission: Tempus, ERASMUS+ KA2, IPA, Horizon 2020.
The University of Novi Sad (UNS) was founded in 1960. It is the only state university in the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, comprising 14 faculties and 3 research & developmental institutes. There are more than 50,000 students, 5,000 teaching and non-teaching staff, as well 300 study programmes at all three academic cycles. It is a comprehensive university covering all major fields of study and research.
University of Novi Sad is rather active in the international collaboration field participating in both educational and research projects (ERASMUS+, TEMPUS, HORIZON 2020, FP7, EUREKA, COST, IPA, etc). When the number of TEMPUS projects in which the University has participated is concerned the University is the top leader both in the country and the region, where most of these projects were aiming at restructuring and reforming higher education processes, structures and programs.
UNS has become recognized as a reform-oriented university, developing intensively international cooperation with universities and other institutions in the area of higher education and having considerable experience in implementing academic mobility programs (Campus Europae, Erasmus Mundus Action 2, ERASMUS+ Key Action 1. etc).
Recently the University of Novi Sad set a new strategic goal to become more visible in the international research arena and recognized as excellent University. As a starting point in reaching this goal, the first teaming project within HORIZON 2020 at University of Novi Sad was selected for funding, initiated by Univerisity’s BIOSENSE Institute Centre of Excellence for Advanced Technologies in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security (ANTARES) becoming the only University in the region implementing this prestigious project.
Since the University of Novi Sad is a nonintegrated University the research administration is held both on the faculties and rectorate level depending of the institution involved in the project. Anyway, there are project management offices on both levels offering administrative support to all researchers.
Project Management Officer, Project Management Office, University of Novi Sad
2018: Two weeks internship in implementation of Scrum framework, IT Company ComData 2006-2009: Local coordinator and translator (Italian-Serbian) in the pilot project in Novi Sad, Serbia, within the framework of the programme “Support to the reform of elderly people protection policy in Serbia”, realized by the Italian NGO Progetto Sviluppo CGIL and ARCI - Cultura e Sviluppo 2005-2006: Coordinator and translator (Italian-Serbian) in the project “Promoting entreprenuer association in Kragujevac and establishing the Trust fund for the Region of Sumadija and Pomoravlje” within the framework of the Programme SEENET “Local Governments initiators of development”, realized by the Italian NGO UCODEP with the office in Belgrade, Serbia 2004-2005: Programme assistant and translator (Italian-Serbian) within the framework of the Programme SEENET “Local Governments initiators of development”, realized by the Italian NGO UCODEP with the office in Belgrade, Serbia 2002-2003: Educator in the Community for minor girls, Association “Marta and Maria”, Modena, Italy 2001-2002: Project manager, Agency for translations Logos s. r. l., Modena, Italy 2000-2001: Member of the group responsible for development of the Multilingual on-line dictionary in the Agency for translations Logos s. r. l., Modena, Italy
Personnel selection training (HR Management), consulting agency TIM Center, Novi Sad
2003-2004: Master of Analysis and management of projects in developing countries, Department for political economy and business economy, Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Milan, Italy 1998: BA in Psychology, Department of Psychology of the University of Novi Sad, Serbia