Description of job and tasks involved
Responsible for financial and administrative aspects of EU research projects (H2020, EIT-Climate KIC, EGCT-Euregio, LIFE 2014-2020, INTERREG ALPINE SPACE 2014-2020, INTERREG Central Europe 2007-2013, FP7): from budget planning in the pre-award phase to the whole management of the funded projects, including reporting, consortium agreement and audit (with national and EU auditors).
• Administrative Coordinator of 16 projects (1 INTERREG ALPINE SPACE, 1 H2020 MSCA-ITN, 2 H2020 MSCA-IF, 3 GECT-Euregio, 7 EIT-Climate KIC, 2 FP7 MSCA-IAPP)
• Managed the audits of 7 projects (1 EU 2nd level audit for H2020 project, 4 first level audits for FP7 projects, 1first level control for Interreg Alpine Space and 5 first level control for the Central Europe Programme);
• Managed the selection procedure of a MSCA-ITN project to hire 11 people around EUROPE;
• Improved the procedure for simplifying the project management cycle to support researchers more efficiently.
Experience with European research projects
I have experience with project management issues in the following European Funding Schemes:
• EIT-Climate KIC
• LIFE 2014-2020
• INTERREG ALPINE SPACE 2014-2020
• INTERREG Central Europe 2007-2013
Edmund Mach Foundation gets the prestigious knowledge heritage of Istituto Agrario di San Michele all’Adige, founded in 1874. It is a prestigious institution which over the years has achieved many important goals at international level delivering a range of education, training and technology transfer programs in the fields of agriculture, food processing and sustainable development.
Management of the Istituto is shared among the following organisational structures:
• General Management for programme coordination and general organisation of the Foundation's resources.
• The Training and education centre which organises teaching, training and specialization as well as refresher courses and career retraining; the Centre also runs the agrarian technical college.
• The Research and innovation centre - the first One Health Centre in Italy - which carries out studies and innovations in the fields of agriculture, nutrition, and environment, with the aim to generate new sharing knowledge and to contribute to economic growth, social development and the overall improvement of quality of life. Since January 2016 CRI is built upon 16 Research Units, four institutional Departments, one Computational Biology cross-platform, and a research support area.
• The Technology transfer centre which provides support and consultancy to companies in the agricultural sector.
• The Farm responsible of production and transformation and support for experiments, teaching activities.
Education / Professional Career
EU project administrative and financial manager, Fondazione Edmund Mach, Research and innovation Centre
2008-2011: Research Fellow in agricultural economics and choice modeling, Economics Department, University of Trento, Italy 2004-2008: Junior Researcher - Market Analyst, Fondazione Edmund Mach, Italy 2005-2011: Ph.D. in Economics and Management, Doctoral School in Economics and Management, University of Trento, Italy