Description of job and tasks involved
- Monitoring analysis of programs and projects’ development and implementation process in University;
- Elaboration of projects development and implementation system, projects, programs;
- Organization of communication process and trainings for project specialists;
- Representation of RTU interests in working groups, discussions and meetings in ministries, agencies and foreign institutions;
- Management and monitoring of projects.
Implementation and monitoring of projects:
- ERDF project „Capacity Development of Riga Technical University”, project coordinator, 2015 –…
- Central Baltic INTERREG IV A Programme - project "Building up Availability of SME Internationalisation Services ( BASIS ), project manager
- ERDF project "Riga Technical University student campus”, member of Project Monitoring Group
Assessment of projects:
- ERDF activity "Support for science and research " 3rd round, 36 projects – 2014
- ERDF activity "Support for science and research ", 2nd round, 5 projects – 2013
- ESF activity "Human resources in science ", 2nd round – 15 projects – 2012/2013
- ERDF activity "Support for science and research", 1st round, 42 projects, 2010
- ESF activity "Human resources in science ", 1st round, 17 projects, 2009
- ERDF project „Capacity Development of Riga Technical University”, 2014/2015
- Climate Change Financial Instrument, "Innovative lighting control system to improve energy efficiency in Riga Technical University ' project preparation, 2012
- Swedish Institute Thematic Partnership Programme "Improved Cooperation Potential and Innovation Capacity Amongst Universities in the Baltic Sea region - Campus Greening ", project preparation, 2012
- ERDF project "Riga Technical University, international cooperation, project development and capacity in science and technology",project preparation, seminar, 2010
- Central Baltic INTERREG IV A Programme - project "Building up Availability of SME Internationalisation Services (BASIS), project preparation, 2010
- Climate Change Financial Instrument, project " Energy efficiency improvement measures in a set of Riga Technical University student dormitories Azenes street 22 , 22a ', project preparation, 2010
- ERDF project "Riga Technical University student campus” project preparation, 2009
- ESF project "Support for RTU master's degree programs" project preparation, 2009
- RTU Development Programme 2009 - 2015, preparation and development, 2008 - 2009
- "The financial and feasibility studies of PPP project possibilities in universities - RTU, LU, RSU” project preparation, 2008
- Leonardo da Vinci programme, “E-Business Advance” project preparation, 2008
Experience in European research projects
European Social Fund
European Regional Development Fund
Cross – border Co-operation Programmes (INTERREG IV A, IV B, Est-Lat-Rus, Est-Lat)
EEA Grants and Norway Grants
Latvian - Swiss Cooperation Programme
Climate change financial instrument
Riga Technical University is the first technical university in the Baltic countries – its history dates back to 1862 when Riga Polytechnic was founded. Nowadays, RTU is accredited, internationally recognised European university that implements academic and professional study programmes of advanced quality. RTU has been highly evaluated by the international experts within the Institutional Evaluation Programme carried out by the European University Association (EUA), who recognised in their report that strategically RTU is moving in the right direction on the way to becoming a modern university of the third generation.
RTU carries out research in the fields that are essential for the national economy of Latvia and educates and trains highly qualified specialists that are in great demand and competitive in the international labour market. RTU is an accredited internationally recognized European university that consists of 9 faculties: Architecture and Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, Electronics and Telecommunications, Power and Electrical Engineering, Engineering Economics and Management, Materials Science and Applied Chemistry, Transport and Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of E-Learning Technologies and Humanities.
The vision of Riga Technical University until 2020 is to become the leading University of science and innovation in the Baltic States. In order to achieve it, the strategy defines three objectives of the University – high quality study process, excellence in research and sustainable innovation and commercialization activities.
Office of the Vice–Rector for Research provides, develops and manages research work in RTU as well as supports young researchers` studies for Doctoral degree in RTU accredited study programmes.
Project Management Department works in close co-operation with the Office of the Vice–Rector for Research carrying out centralized administrative support function for project management processes in RTU. A special methodology on project management processes has been developed and now is updated after the international evaluation of RTU as a scientific institution.
Latvian State University, BA, English Language and Training Methodology 2001-2003: Latvian University, Master of Social Sciences, Management of Public Administration 1999-2004: Latvian School of Public Administration, Head of Analysis and Research Unit 2004-2005: State Agency “State Education Development Agency”, project Manager 2005-2007: Riga Municipality, City Development Department, International Projects Division, Project team leader since 2008: Riga Technical University, Head of Program Analysis and Project Development Division, Project Management Department